This is pretty cool. Waiting for a unified field theory of the immune system causes everything. (Just kidding.)

This is pretty cool. Waiting for a unified field theory of the immune system causes everything. (Just kidding.)

http://www.newsweek.com/hair-can-turn-gray-when-body-fights-illness-new-mouse-study-suggest-910328
http://www.newsweek.com/hair-can-turn-gray-when-body-fights-illness-new-mouse-study-suggest-910328

Comments

  1. Scary to think about for people with gray hair at a young age though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister went gray in her twenties. She also seriously injured her back when she was eighteen, and has been in varying degrees of chronic pain ever since. Soooo yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always suspected my premature gray was linked to my thyroid/vit D deficiencies, coupled with stress. Since both those things affect immunity, that does track.

    When I was a teen, I would have hair that would actually stripe from brown to white and back again, as stressors throughout the year would change. After I had my first baby, they just stayed white. Leveling out my hormones, etc. hasn't stopped the progression of white streaks in my hair, but I also have a pretty hefty genetic trend for early gray, so vOv.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog