I know I said I wasn't going to listen to NPR, but CBC had on an interview with Shania Twain, so
I know I said I wasn't going to listen to NPR, but CBC had on an interview with Shania Twain, so ... This is what was on. Be aware, if you listen, that the segment about the slave auctions, and they are slave auctions, includes the audio from the materials the reporters collected that led to the CNN report which has triggered multiple protests.
It triggered many thoughts and emotions, but one of the loudest was that we have an incompetent bigot and his enablers running this country, actively supporting and supported by white supremacists, while actual slave auctions are happening, right now. There isn't an obvious logical thread I can state, here, but it seems entirely reasonable to me that our abrogation of our role as a leader in anti-racism, anti-slavery, and just general involvement on the world stage is not fully separable from this.
Here is a link to CNN's reporting on this:
http://www.cnn.com/specials/africa/libya-slave-auctions
I can't even with this. I really can't.
http://www.wbur.org/onpoint
http://www.wbur.org/onpoint
It triggered many thoughts and emotions, but one of the loudest was that we have an incompetent bigot and his enablers running this country, actively supporting and supported by white supremacists, while actual slave auctions are happening, right now. There isn't an obvious logical thread I can state, here, but it seems entirely reasonable to me that our abrogation of our role as a leader in anti-racism, anti-slavery, and just general involvement on the world stage is not fully separable from this.
Here is a link to CNN's reporting on this:
http://www.cnn.com/specials/africa/libya-slave-auctions
I can't even with this. I really can't.
http://www.wbur.org/onpoint
http://www.wbur.org/onpoint
Comments
Post a Comment