- locked -

- locked -

I may have solved the not wanting to eat problem. My food aversion will tolerate drinking a yogurt drink, it seems. I've made a sort of smoothie in the past using filmjolk, or kefir, or whatever cultured, liquidy, yogurt-like product. Usually, I just shake it up with a little bit of some kind of juice or fruit puree.

Anyway, I bought and powdered some freeze dried fruits of various kinds, and I also bought some of that peanut powder. I've also got some powdered matcha and some pineapple juice. I figure I will experiment for a while and if it works, great. It's almost healthy.

So I put a tiny bit of pineapple juice (?2 oz.) with some filmjolk (?14 oz.), 1 tablespoon of peanut powder and 2 tablespoons of powdered, freeze-dried banana and shook. It's not bad. The peanut powder doesn't quite taste like peanut butter, probably because of the lack of fat, and there's a tiny bitter after-taste to the freeze-dried banana. Otherwise, though, it was palatable and it's reasonably nutritious.

I mean, there's a lot of sugar in the bananas, but there's also fiber, potassium, a bit of protein, vit A, niacin, iron and zinc. There's protein, calcium, potassium in the peanut powder, with small amounts of fiber, carbs, and fat. The filmjolk has naturally occurring milk sugars, a lot of protein, calcium, and live bacteria critters and no fat. The pineapple juice is high in vit C and fiber, but very high in sugars. So it's high protein, high carb, high calcium, high potassium, low fat. At least the carbs are all naturally occurring sugars in fruit or milk, nothing added.

I will experiment with some other version of this tomorrow. Maybe it will become my go to breakfast. At least then I will be eating.

#peanutbutterbanana

Comments

  1. It's definitely got more nutritional content than the things I end up with when I'm not feeling up to complicated food assembly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog