Lunch the day I arrived for NYDFS at Jibek Jolu, one of the Kyrgyz restaurants in Chicago.
Lunch the day I arrived for NYDFS at Jibek Jolu, one of the Kyrgyz restaurants in Chicago. It's in a lovely spot (abandoned lots, artistically arranged street trash, etc.) on W Oak near N Orleans, a few blocks and a world away from the trendy parts of Oak St. Food was totally delicious and reasonable on the wallet, as well.
I got a small Lagman and a small Manty and the Napoleon cake for dessert. You get free warm bread and hot black tea, which I didn't know, so I got sour cherry juice, too. It was all really yummy. Very stick to your ribs food, which is great in the winter.
I had never heard of Napoleon cake before, but I love mille feuille so of course I tried that. They make the cake themselves, as well, and it is deliciously decadent. Many thin layers of puff pastry and pastry cream. Would eat again.
I was the only non-immigrant in the place the whole time I was there, which I presume is the usual recommendation on food authenticity, but they must get regular business as this is their second location. It ended up being a lot of food and I was kind of stuffed, but that's ok. I would go back and try pretty much everything on the menu if I lived there.
http://downtown.jibekjolu.us/
#catchupposting


I got a small Lagman and a small Manty and the Napoleon cake for dessert. You get free warm bread and hot black tea, which I didn't know, so I got sour cherry juice, too. It was all really yummy. Very stick to your ribs food, which is great in the winter.
I had never heard of Napoleon cake before, but I love mille feuille so of course I tried that. They make the cake themselves, as well, and it is deliciously decadent. Many thin layers of puff pastry and pastry cream. Would eat again.
I was the only non-immigrant in the place the whole time I was there, which I presume is the usual recommendation on food authenticity, but they must get regular business as this is their second location. It ended up being a lot of food and I was kind of stuffed, but that's ok. I would go back and try pretty much everything on the menu if I lived there.
http://downtown.jibekjolu.us/
#catchupposting
Comments
Post a Comment