Do you fly on the much nicer airline, which is actually slightly cheaper, but will have to sit in a mediocre airport...
Do you fly on the much nicer airline, which is actually slightly cheaper, but will have to sit in a mediocre airport with no lounges in that terminal for 2-3 hours between flights both ways? (Makes trip 5.5-6 hours each way)
OR
Do you fly on the less nice airline, which is slightly more money, but will not have a long layover? In fact, will likely have to dash across a very spread out airport with just enough time to make it (45 min) between flights. (Makes trip roughly 3.5 hours each way)
#importantquestions #lifechangingdecisions
OR
Do you fly on the less nice airline, which is slightly more money, but will not have a long layover? In fact, will likely have to dash across a very spread out airport with just enough time to make it (45 min) between flights. (Makes trip roughly 3.5 hours each way)
#importantquestions #lifechangingdecisions
45 minutes between flights would make me very antsy. I'd choose the first option. Bring a good book/entertainment device, find a coffee shop or some such, and settle in for a nice relaxing layover.
ReplyDeleteI hate hate hate rushing around in airports, so the more time I have with a layover the better!
I do not accept any layover shorter than 60 minutes nowadays, preferably 90. Even that makes me twitchy. That's what books and phones and tablets are for.
ReplyDeleteSame. I prefer 90 minutes. But I also like getting to airports insanely early. In fact, if someone is dropping me off and they are known Late People I will just tell them my flight is an hour earlier to avoid being late, because most people think I'm crazy for wanting to get to the airport at 4 when my flight leaves at 6:30. (DFW: anywhere from 5 minutes - an Hour getting through security, up to 30 minutes on the Airport Train depending on what Terminal you're at, it's a huge airport and it can easily take 60-90 minutes from the time you arrive to the time it takes you to actually arrive at your gate.)
ReplyDelete(Last time my brother dropped me off if the flight time I told him would have been my actual departure time, I would have arrived right when boarding began. UGGGGGGGH. But of course my flight was actually delayed so I ended up with a good 4 hours to kill OH WELL.)
Living with a "If I'm on time, that's early" guy for 5 years was hell. Absolute hell
ReplyDelete"Oh, no problem, we just missed the previews" THOSE ARE THE BEST PART AND NOW WE HAVE A SHITTY SEAT AND ARE YOU KIDDING ME NO WE WILL NOT SIT IN THE FRONT ROW WE ARE GETTING A REFUND
Also once missed our flight because we got to check in 20 minutes before the flight was scheduled TO LEAVE.
deep breath