How to annoy my mother - not that that was the intent.

How to annoy my mother - not that that was the intent. My parents, reasonably, prefer to have lights off in unoccupied rooms. My mom has made a big point of this. So now I habitually turn off lights in any room I go through that isn't occupied when I pass through it. However, my mom apparently wanted the lights on in the room next to the room she was currently ensconced in, but I didn't know that and turned them off when I walked through. After a brief dialogue on this subject, she said, "Only turn off the lights you've turned on." To which I replied, "I don't have that kind of relationship with the lights." My dad laughed. My mom made inarticulate noises of frustration and an aunty face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIL that some languages apparently have words inherently differentiating one's status as a citizen or resident of...

Good News: